Edgewood Children’s Ranch is seeking Christian House Parents who have a heart for children (I.E. We call them Ranchers) and are called to the ministry of caring for young people. Come join us on the local mission field as a House Parent!
*We are looking to hire a husband & wife team.
- Starting pay is $18,500.00 (each). $37,000.00 total per couple.
- 100% Health Insurance
- Housing / Utilities / Internet Included (Value of $27,700.00 per year)
- We are currently providing $50 per person per month towards cell phone bills
No travel is required, You live where you work (No gas expense to drive to work – the estimated value of $2,600.00 per year saved)
Major Holidays off (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.)
Up to 12 Days off between Christmas and New Year
1 week’s vacation and 5 personal days. Additional vacation days added with more years worked
Edgewood Children’s Ranch is a 501(c)(3) organization offering behaviorally challenged children and their families a fresh start through a Christ-centered approach to education, behavioral training, and spiritual development. Children ages 7-17 live and study on our picturesque campus regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, or ability to pay. Students live in age and gender-appropriate cottages with house parents who offer counsel and oversight. Our affiliated school features a low student-to-teacher ratio and individualized curriculum giving students an active and accountable role in their own advancement and success.
Our mission is to return children to their homes, school, and society as emotionally healthy young people. We believe that a relationship with God through Jesus Christ is the foundation of a solid family unit and we teach children to rely on that relationship to make healthy choices throughout their lives.
This is a full-time position with a unique schedule. The house parents will work and live with the Ranchers they are working with. The house parent position schedule is similar to a normal parenting schedule. You are with the Ranchers in the morning and then after school until bedtime. You will sleep in an attached apartment next to the children’s bedroom area. On weekends, you will care for the kids the entire day.
This is a 6 day per week job schedule. You will have 1 day off per week. Once per month you will also receive an additional day off while the Ranchers visit their parents at home.
House Parent Hours
Weekday Mornings (6:15am – 8:30am)
Weekday Afternoons (4:00pm – Bedtime (8:30pm / 9:00pm)
Weekend Hours (6:45am – Bedtime)
The summer schedule will be different.
You will care for a maximum of 8 children in your house. The children will be all boys or all girls. The children will be inside a specific age group. These are children with behavioral issues that simply need a little more discipline and guidance in their lives.
Edgewood Ranch is located in Orlando Florida, in the Metrowest area. We have a team of staff that handle different child responsibilities. This makes the houseparent job a little easier.
- We have a full-time cook that makes all the meals in the cafeteria.
- We have a school on campus where you will take your Ranchers each day (Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm)
- Case managers handle the caseload and manage communications with your Rancher’s parent(s)
- Edgewood sits on lake Hiawassee
- Sports amenities include a basketball gym, softball field, soccer field, weight room, swimming pool, and tennis court.
- There is enough to keep all your kids busy while they are under your care.
The House Parents will be required to participate in CPR, First Aid, behavioral management training, training in medication administration and any other required training. They must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in stressful and challenging situations
- Commitment to Edgewood Children’s Ranch’s vision, mission, principles, and philosophy.
- Ability to follow Edgewood’s processes and procedures
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience with de-escalating situations and crisis management
- High personal values and standards that serve as models for youth
- Ability to take part in physical activities (sports, landscaping, maintenance projects, etc.)
- Responsible to encourage and mentor the spiritual development of the children in your care
- Maintain the cottage, its furnishings, and its grounds. This includes daily cleaning and supervision of residents when they do chores.
- Execute the daily operations of the residential program
- Follow disciplinary guidelines to administer consequences as needed
- Monitor child behavior, activities, free-time, and interactions with other students
- Oversee medication responsibilities and documentation responsibilities
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of each child
- Update case notes on a daily basis
- Develop a relationship with children that allows for emotional growth and healing
- Conduct and document monthly fire drills
- Complete incident reports and any other required paperwork
- There will be additional duties around the Ranch you will be asked to participate in (P.E., Maintenance work, other facilities duties)
- There may be additional duties as needed.